Sunday, April 10, 2011

Process of Writing my Ebook

I’ve been watching the success of many authors on the Amazon Kindle ebook website and in truth I’ve been envious. I want to have a book available for the world to read as well. So I’ve finally made that promise to myself that I will have an ebook available at Amazon by the end of this year. No more excuses. No more procrastination. I will do this. And it will be fun!

I’ve created this blog to document as I go along. I expect I may go off on tangents, as I have many artistic interests that sometimes get in the way of writing. For instance, I am a graphic designer by day, and even though my book is not fully polished (nor fully written for that matter) I am dreaming of what kind of cover I am going to design. I see that many ebook authors are trying to save money by creating their book covers themselves. Since many do not have graphics training, some of those covers are, to say the least, ugly. With a capital “U”. And some are very good. I hope that mine will be in the very good category. We will have to see.

As for the topic of my novel, I have chosen a classic story to retell in my way. I love the theme of Cinderella and that is what I’ll be taking on for this novel. I kept thinking about the earthquakes in Japan and the problems they are having with the nuclear plant, and I kept thinking that if I had been exposed to fatal amounts of radiation, and I only had a few months to live, what kind of book would I like to read to help pass the time until death? That is the book I am writing. My own feel-good book that would satisfy the happy side.

Wish me luck. I’m sure this is going to be a learning process.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read it - and am so glad you're taking this on! When you're ready for an editor, I might be able to help you out . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I can be the first to comment!

    You go for it! I will be following your progress with interest...

    ReplyDelete