Thursday, July 19, 2012

2005 NaNo Novel Inspired by The Barenaked Ladies

A couple of days ago I admitted that I won't be writing NaNoWriMo again as the process of churning out a fast, unedited 50,000 words in a month has stopped working for me. I need to learn to edit. So late last night I went rummaging through my files and I found an old NaNo Novel from 2005 called "The Old Apartment." All I can say is WOW, I can actually write!

Unfortunately, I have lost the text file due to a computer crash, but I am lucky enough to have a printed copy. My plan now is to spend some time re-typing the manuscript back into the computer. While I'm typing I hope that inspiration will strike and I'll do some editing at the same time. This is all new to me, and I hope I'm going to learn how to edit as I go through this process. If I ever hope to have a finished novel, I must do this.

A little on the novel. The novel was inspired by the song "The Old Apartment" by The Barenaked Ladies. I just love the lyrics, as they tell a story themselves. I find music to be a great inspiration for writing and I usually have a certain playlist that I use for each NaNo novel that I write. I'll publish my 2005 list tomorrow so you all can see where my musical mind was in November of 2005. Until tomorrow, check out the Barenaked Ladies video below.


2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know you had a blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just getting going again! Trying some writing out!

      Delete